Sunday, July 02, 2006

Paradise Revisited

The Saint, the kids and I are in Fly Creek. The amazing part about the drive was seeing water everywhere. The flooding in this part of central New York is the worst I've ever seen it.

Normally pristine, green-blue Otsego Lake is brown. There are no beaches anywhere on the lake right now because they're all underwater.

But it's still paradise.

We're seeing Lt. Ed Novak and his family, and some of our friends, later today, on the lake (yes, I know, there are no beaches).

And the Atwells are right down the road... We've also got another few parties coming, one on my mother's side of the family, another on my father's side.

Tuesday, Paul Simon plays Doubleday Field.

And then the Saint and I sneak away for a few days by ourselves. We've been in the jurisdiction for 17 hours and 50 minutes as I write this, and I think we've been busy the whole time.

The Saint is calling me. We're off to Cooperstown for a walk among the tourists. I promise we won't try to blend in with them. I used to live here, after all.

Adam

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home