Friday, October 20, 2006

A Hopeless Romantic

The Great and Gifted Jamie Ford is blogging about romance and its implications.

Here's what I can say about romance: Any guy fortunate enough to be in a great marriage is a romantic. Happily, I say this from experience.

I really can't get into the week The Saint and I just limped through, but when it comes to The Saint, the best words to describe how I feel about her come not from a writer, but from a baseball player.

The late, lamented Lou Gehrig said, "Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."

With The Saint, the day is irrelevant. It's yesterday. It's today. It's tomorrow. It's the day after that. It's every day, forever: I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

If that makes me a romantic, I don't care. I'll learn to like the title.

Adam

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a romantic. And dare I say The Saint is probably one of the luckiest woman on earth (next to me, of course).

12:33 PM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home