Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Citizen Soldiers

I've known Seth Gitell for more than eight years. We met when I was representing politicians at a PR firm and Seth was a Washington-based political reporter for the Forward, a Jewish weekly in New York. Seth, who went to Harvard, then NYU Law School, came back to Boston to work with the Boston Phoenix as I was starting my own consulting business. One of the best political reporters in New England, he eventually crossed over to the dark side-- my side of the fence-- when he became press secretary for Boston Mayor Tom Menino.

Seth and I have been known to sit for long lunches together at some of the best spots in Boston. Over the years, we've become good friends.

Seth recently left the Mayor's Office to start writing again. He has a first-rate political mind and though he's a terrific reporter and writer, I'm a little sad that he's neutral again. It was a lot of fun to have him in our camp for three years.

Among Seth's current efforts, he's contributing to the New York Sun. This week's column on Ivy League-educated soldiers is spectacular. His political analysis and his writing skills are on full display here.

Pop over there and give it a read. It's well worth your time.

Adam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home