Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Living the Bohemian Lifestyle

The Saint and I are getting more quality time this week. The kids are at their grandparents' place again. Two weeks in a row, we've had Monday night dates. Sangria both nights. Last night, we had a Tuesday night date, too.

Tonight, another date. I think I was in college the last time I had all these dates in a span of 9 days. There was also the dinner I cooked on the grill the other night: Peppercorn encrusted pork tenderloin, asparagus and mushrooms. I think that qualified as a date, too.

After tonight's date, I must hit these revisions. They're going well. They're less painful than I expected.

Anything to keep me close to the air conditioner: 96 degrees and 70% humidity outside. I'm ignoring my lawn. Does that surprise anyone? I didn't think so.

I'm on pace to have the first third of the new novel to my agent by August 15. Two weeks from today.

Speaking of writing, here's the best news I've heard in a while. The Saint has a terrific book idea. Not for me. For her. I'm sworn to secrecy, but if she writes this thing, she'll be on bookshelves before I will.

Adam

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOpe your date was lots of fun. Dad and I had a date last night too. Very hot hot though.
NO AC.

9:20 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger WannabeMe said...

I'm about a fourth into my next novel - it's going slow, though..maybe going on a date might help?

11:14 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Worked for me, Dana.

11:31 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Congrats to the Saint. I hope she has her own laptop...

11:45 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

What a sweetie! Scheduled dates with your wife! And you ended it with....revisions?

You're such a romantic!

8:30 AM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

I revised nothing, Elizabeth. I posted BEFORE the date...

9:17 AM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home