Sunday, September 23, 2007

Maybe It Should Be An International Holiday

I checked the Big Brother software on my blog this morning and found hits from five different countries, and none from the United States. Every visitor was searching under some variation of "Springsteen Birthday."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who treats September 23 as a National Holiday. I've made friends around the country and around the world simply because we're Springsteen fans.

Last year on the National Holiday, we interviewed Chris Phillips of Backstreets Magazine, and a few thousand of you showed up to party. I had to buy more beer.

This year, we're very, very low key, maybe because it's a Sunday, or perhaps because we're all getting ready for the new tour. But we still have beer and good music. Feel free to stop in and join the party.

Perhaps I'll see some of you in Hartford next week. One of my friends gave me a fabulous Bruce's Birthday gift this year: a ticket to the opening night of the tour.

Adam

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger skinke said...

Oh man...a ticket to opening night. Sitting here in the grand old Nor of Way, I picture you guys in the atrium at Hartford getting the GA bracelets and getting ready for a momentous event.

Me, I've got to wait 2 months until the 4th of December. Meanwhile, Magic is on the stereo, and there really is nothing like a new Bruce release to get the spirits up.

ENJOY THE CONCERT!

3:15 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Absolutely mind-boggling show, Graeme.

Stunning. By the time he gets to Oslo, he'll be running on twelve cylinders.

Adam

1:08 AM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home