Sunday, August 20, 2006

Does This Count as a Publishing Credit?

By now, you all know that I am an evangelical Springsteen fan. I link to both Bruce's official site and to Backstreets... over there on the right somewhere.

Every time I go to a Springsteen concert, I write up my own review. I e-mail it to a bunch of fellow Bruce zealots and we all have a nice laugh. I also include the editor of Backstreets on that distribution list. Friday, the latest Backstreets arrived on my porch. Thumbing through all the concert reviews, I found... one of my own. That was cooler than some of my paid writing gigs.

Switching gears, it's been an interesting weekend. I got my manuscript off to my agent. I took Friday off to spend with the Saint and the kids (we went to the beach). Middle son starts school again on Wednesday after what might have been the best summer ever, and I wanted to have an extra day with everybody. We also found out on Friday that Oldest son gets to attend the same school where the Saint teaches. So change is afoot in the household.

Then yesterday, a spectacular birthday party with Kelly Malloy and her family (her daughter is now six). Today, it's a trip to the gym and then more work on my novel.

This inside work was my only audible of the weekend. We've had some work done on the house, so naturally, to celebrate (read: make the lawn look as nice as the house does), I've wanted to write a sequel to my lawn thriller of a couple of weeks ago. I still have chemical weapons available, after all.

But last night, it rained. It's still wet. No lawn thrillers today.

I still have a ton of brush left from my last installment. It burns very well in the fire pit, but now it's all wet, so I'll have to wait until it dries again. I believe the firewood salesmen call this "seasoning."

Adam

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you got a review published in Backstreets? That is so cool. Which show did you review? I actually do reviews almost every time I see Bruce too but never did anything with them other than email to friends (who just don't get the whole concept of a Springsteen concert) or post on my blog. Maybe next time I'll share mine with you :)

Congrats on that!!

10:10 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger WannabeMe said...

I say, yeah, it's a pub cred. Go Adam!

10:27 PM, August 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. I know how much that must mean to you.

Best,
Geoffrey

9:05 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

How fun! Published in Backstreets! I think I'd count that cooler than a writing gig, too!

11:18 PM, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home