Friday, February 02, 2007

Another Year Passes

Has it really been a year since I wrote this post?

Wow. My daughter ran into the bedroom this morning, ecstatic to be three.

There aren't enough superlatives to describe her.

What I can't get over: It seems like we just brought her home, and it seems like she's been part of the family forever. (My forever, not her forever; she has been part of the family for her forever.)

Everything I wrote in last year's birthday post is more true today. In the last few months, my Pretty Girl has discovered princesses, dresses, purses and Chapstick.

Her hair is blonder (even after her first haircut) and her eyes are bluer. She remains too smart for her own good (and for mine). And she still has me wrapped around her little finger.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Amen to that.

Happy Birthday, Pretty Girl. Daddy adores you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so does her Mimi!!!

4:26 PM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home