Thursday, February 02, 2006

Paging 2005

My daughter is 2 today!

It still seems like she arrived five minutes ago: The day after the Super Bowl; a week or so after I signed with my agents.

Her first year crawled more slowly than she did. In fact, she never really crawled.

Then she turned one. The Saint got a new job. I got a new job. Our sons grew like weeds. I went to 4 Springsteen concerts. There was little league and soccer and family visits and some weddings and, and, and, and...

And always, Daddy's girl, Daddy's girl, Daddy's girl...

Daddy's girl learned to run, and she hasn't stopped. Has she really only been here 2 years?

Where the hell did 2005 go? Daddy's girl has already been here 2 years? How is that possible?

Time sprints just as my daughter does, but my daughter is more fun to watch. In her, I see her brothers. In her, I see the Saint. In her, I see someone else entirely. And all of these sights make me happy.

Like her brothers and the Saint, she is funny and kind and independent.

Like her brothers and the Saint, she makes me a better person just by being nearby.

Like her brothers and the Saint, she's also smarter than I am. Unlike her brothers, she knows this.

Happy Birthday, Pretty Girl. Daddy adores you.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Next week, She'll be seven. It really does slide away from you. Happy Birthday to your little one.

10:17 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Bernita said...

Aaaawww...sweet.

10:34 AM, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Improper Bostonian said...

I remember seing that adorable little cherub all bundled up when the boys finished kindergarten, now she's a full fledged kid. MG is right, next week it'll be all attitude and eyerolling. No wait that's my 5 year old girl LOL

12:25 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home