Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Just About a Year Ago

I thought I knew exactly which day I started writing this book. I actually think it was a year ago today.

But I have no blogumentary evidence. The closest I can come is this post. That'll have to do.

In the meantime: I thought I'd be done by now. Even though I'm not done, I love the book. In fact, I don't think the book would have taken the plot twists it's taken if I hadn't fallen behind.

Last summer's trip to the Sagamore was key. That got me into Albany mode and what was supposed to be a passing scene turned into a few vital chapters. I've always had a special, visceral, peculiar, wonderful fascination with that city.

All in all, it's been a great year. But I'm ready to close out this project. A few more weeks, a few thousand more words, and I'll be there.

Adam

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home