Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Saint Parties

The Saint went out this evening with the women in our Gang of Ten.

That means:
  • Daughter got special bed time stories with Daddy (after her "Mommy's leaving!" meltdown)
  • Middle Child got to fall asleep on the couch with the big brother he (not so) secretly worships
  • Oldest Son regaled me with stories of his afternoon basketball game (which I witnessed firsthand; if this kid were any more modest, one would think he sat on the bench all game), and we got some good quality time after everyone else was asleep
  • Now that all the kids are in bed, my iPod is plugged into Oldest Son's stereo (I've played two Bruce concert bootlegs, then Nebraska, then Tunnel of Love, for those of you keeping score at home)
  • I've violated my "No Bruce while writing this book" rule
  • I don't care (Nebraska and Tunnel of Love, though perfect albums, aren't exactly uplifting)
  • I've cranked out 2,000 words
  • The Saint got a night out
  • I felt like I got one, too
A win-win for everyone. When can we do this again?

Adam

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home