Saturday, September 09, 2006

May I Have the Envelope, Please?

What do the Great and Gifted Jamie Ford and my agent have in common?

If you guessed: "They both love what they've seen of my manuscript," then you win a prize to be named later. And as a bonus, my agent has seen more than Jamie has. I suspect my agent's detailed comments will be very similar to Jamie's.

My agent's partner (also known as "my other agent") is reading the pages now. Just to make sure.

Pumped? Come join me in the stratosphere and I'll tell you. I celebrated with an extra fifteen minutes on the bike this morning (and a double espresso, and a capuccino).

In the meantime, go check out Jamie's blog post about writing vs. the idea of being a writer. Dead on.

I need to get back to my manuscript before Jamie passes me. Not that I'm racing Jamie-- I'm just not writing very quickly.

In other news, it's a glorious day, and we're going to a cookout. Johnny Cash is playing on iTunes, and Bruce is up next.

Have a great weekend.

Adam

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

Awesome, Adam! Congratulations! I'm heading to Starbucks for a cappuccino to celebrate!

4:49 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

*thumbs up*

1:20 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cool stuff. But now that Miriam likes it, she's going to be all over you to finish it.

Of course, I'd post a more detailed compliment but I have to go write so I can stay fifty words ahead of you...

Keep jammin'.

5:07 PM, September 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home