Friday, March 23, 2007

Norway Defends Bruce

First, Kelly Malloy let me know that Simon Cowell claims to have sold more records than Bruce. Simon, obviously, has been sipping from Paula's glass before his interviews. I didn't blog about it because it was so patently ridiculous that I'd be kicking Simon while he was down. That's bad sportsmanship, though Simon disagrees.

Now comes the Norseman. My dear Norwegian friend--we've never actually met in person, but we're Bruce fans, so that'll happen someday-- has posted a scathing indictment of Bruce fans who complain about Bruce.

He's posted in English, so you need not know Norwegian. He absolutely tees off. Poetry, all of it.

Can I just say, for the record, that I agree with every word (except for the minor knock on the Saint's favorite band)? I guess I just said it.

You want to know how big a Bruce fan this guy is? He's been to seven concerts. I've been to ten, in three states. My friend waits for Bruce to fly to Norway. I believe Bruce visits Norway a little less frequently than he visits Boston.

Enough said.

Adam

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger skinke said...

Hi there Adam, thanks for the glowing review:)

I must point out though, that I've only been to 4 Bruce concerts in Norway. I flew to Milan for one, London for another and Dublin for the Irish leg of the Seeger sessions tour in November.

I just realised, that makes me more of a lunatic than you said in your blog:)

Long may it continue.

6:33 AM, March 25, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Makes you my kind of lunatic, Graeme.

I can claim Springsteen concerts in three states, plus a pilgrimage to the Stone Pony.

You, however, have seen Bruce in four separate countries.

Nice.

10:03 AM, March 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home