Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rounding Third, Heading for Home

I just crashed through the 100,000-word barrier on this novel. Better yet, I can see the end. I know what's happening in nearly every paragraph of the last few chapters, even though I haven't typed them.

I've been keeping notes about the ending, working things through my head, for over a year. It's natural that I'd have the ending nailed down, even if it isn't yet on the hard drive.

I'd like to talk about the 2008 presidential election. I'd like to blog about politics here in Massachusetts. I'd like to tell you a funny story about the Saint or the kids... and sprinkle in about a dozen allusions to Springsteen lyrics.

Instead, tonight you get John Fogerty in the title. And just me: Relieved.

I'm looking forward to the play at the plate. If all goes well, I get to drop my shoulder and plow right through the catcher, like Pete Rose did to Ray Fosse the summer I was born.

Adam

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Improper Bostonian said...

"Glory Days"
"Promised Land"
"I'm on Fire"
"No Surrender"
"All or Nothin' At All"
"Across the Border"
"book of dreams"
"my beautiful reward"
"reason to believe"
"lucky man"
"happy"
"long time comin'"

Okay....I think Springsteen may have you covered on this one too.
Kelly

7:54 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Kelly wins the award for best comment ever placed on this blog.

10:44 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger skinke said...

I can't compete with Kelly, but I can ask for a signed copy of the book when you're finished!

This comment is more of the "Self promotion" tour that I'm on, I've gone English again.

May I ask what the book is about?
Graeme

4:10 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Thanks for weighing in, Graeme. Always a pleasure hearing from you.

In fact, I just linked to your spirited defense of Bruce. Nicely done.

I also just e-mailed you with some details on the book.

Adam

8:41 PM, March 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home