Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Few Loose Ends

So my agent e-mailed me this morning. She loves the manuscript.

That said, yes, I have a few changes to make. I've had most of today to contemplate those changes, and they're relatively painless. Taken as a whole, they tighten the manuscript and make my protagonist into more of a badass.

We're shooting to move this in September, so I'll be back in edit mode for the next few weeks. The bottom line is that these are changes I'm more than willing to make, and they're pretty minor.

Today is a good day.

In the meantime, the Saint's Summer Shakespeare Odyssey is almost over. She's in the midst of a 25-page research paper on Falstaff. The other day, frustrated, she asked me when I'd last written anything based on research. She didn't like my answer: That 405 page manuscript I'm about to slice into again. I don't think my reply contributed toward our marital bliss.

Grandchildren's Week is over. The kids are back. We've commenced retraining them.

Finally, my cousin Matt and his wife Jeni are in from San Diego this weekend, so if you haven't heard from me by Tuesday or so, send out a search party.

Adam

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger skinke said...

Hiya Adam,

I've not been here for a while because of the stringent requirements of summer (flyfishing, golf, eating ridiculous amounts and drinking equally ridiculous amounts of wine), but I'm looking forward to reading your book.

Just a quick question: Have you read any (or both) of "The shadow of the wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, or "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks?

If not, I permit myself to suggest that you go to your local bookshop and make time in your calendar to read these:)

Take care,

Graeme

5:30 PM, July 15, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Hey, Graeme--

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check them out.

Adam

6:39 PM, July 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retrain them????

6:40 AM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Jamie Ford said...

Is it search party time?

10:01 PM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Yes, Mom.

No, Jamie.

6:35 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:42 PM, July 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home