Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer Reading

The Saint and I went for a ride yesterday, just the two of us. The kids are away for Grandchildren's Week, so the Saint and I went out for lunch.

The Saint is working on a massive paper for her summer class, so we ended up going on a book binge at BN. She bought a bunch of stuff by and about the dude from Avon. I bought Barry Eisler's latest paperback release, The Last Assassin (sorry, Barry-- I have all your others in paperback, so I bought TLA in paperback, too).

I also bought J.A. Konrath's Dirty Martini in hardcover (I have Joe's first three in hardcover, and we have the same agents). The Saint and I sipped coffee and read books in Starbuck's for a couple of hours. I was almost halfway through Konrath's book when we left. I finished it last night. Good thing I read all the way to the last page. I'm in the acknowledgments along with a few other people whose names you'll recognize if you read this blog (Thanks, Joe).

Konrath's latest is a great read. Laugh out loud humor with just the right amount of violence.

I'm cruising through Barry Eisler's book now. Can't get enough of Barry's protagonist, John Rain.

Next up, I'm about to re-read To Kill A Mockingbird. Because it's fun to read one of the greatest books ever written, just for the Hell of it, and I learn something new every time I crack it open.

Adam

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

HAHA! Thanks for the head's up on the acknowledgments, Adam! Dirty Martini is on my TBR list, but I'll move it to the top of the pile now. How very sweet of Joe.

9:54 PM, July 06, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

It was pretty cool of Joe to put us in the acknowledgments, Mindy.

11:50 AM, July 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home