Saturday, July 28, 2007

More Feedback

I meant to mention this earlier, but the Great and Gifted Jamie Ford, who read an earlier portion of my novel before it was finished, has read the whole thing.

Jamie is as great an editor as he is gifted a writer.

His comments mirrored my agent's in many ways. Which surprised me not a bit, since his comments on the first selection also mirrored my agent's in many ways. What surprised me is that he was as enthusiastic at the end as he had been at the beginning.

Jamie is always insightful. That's also no surprise to those of us in the blogosphere who know him and correspond with him. And I may have mentioned that his short story, "I Am Chinese", is the best short story I've read in many, many years. Nobody will be shocked when Jamie sells his novel (based on that short story), right? I didn't think so.

For me, the bottom line: Now that two readers I really trust have weighed in, I know I'm on the right track. And for those of you who want a really great read, go to Jamie's website and track down his short story. It's fabulous.

Adam

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've read Jamie's short story, and it's amazing! You're fortunate to have such a gifted writer read your manuscript!

9:43 PM, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Jamie Ford said...

Thanks for the plug yo.

The auction is now in day TWO. I can't believe it. Not posting about it yet, but can't help blabbing now that it's off and running.

11:23 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Of course, you just spilled the beans about the auction, Jamie. But you did it on my blog, not yours, so I don't think you violated any rules.

Adam

11:32 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger WannabeMe said...

I love Jamie's writing, too. Can't wait for his book to be out.

9:29 PM, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home